The finger scanning window is a crown glass with a thickness of 13mm. It is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to scanning fingerprint's characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image.
Futronic provides USB drivers and API for FS90 to capture a raw fingerprint image on the following platforms:
- Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 15x22mm
- Image resolution is 440x300 pixel, 500 DPI
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 129K byte
- USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device
- With a special 0.3M USB cable
- Small size, 57(L) x 29(W) x 27(H)mm
- Light weight, 80 gram
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
- active <625mW(during scanning)
- standby <275mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
- sleep mode <4mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage