Eikon (swipe) fingerprint scanner
The Eikon family of USB fingerprint readers provide quick and reliable biometric authentication by leveraging DP's proven technology, from swipe sensors found in millions of laptops to government certified touch sensors.
- Winner of the CES Best of Innovations Award.
- Swipe sensor ideal for personal (single user) applications.
- Includes Digital ID Hardware Engine for secure functions including match-on-device and OTP generation.
- Tacky footprint and 6' cable ideal for desktops.
Proven technology – The Eikon fingerprint readers leverage the same fingerprint sensor technology embedded into millions of laptops, keyboards, physical access devices, and ID card readers relied upon by governments, hospitals, banks, and enterprises for secure and convenient authentication everyday.
Government certified – AuthenTec offers the only silicon fingerprint sensor that is FIPS 201 certified.
Patented technology – AuthenTec's patented live layer image sensing technology senses a finger's live layer, enabling AuthenTec sensors to recognize virtually anyone in any condition.
Compact – Silicon sensing technology enables smaller packaging than optical sensing technology. The Eikon's sleek design won the CES Best of Innovations Award.
Secure – AuthenTec's Digital ID Hardware EngineTM companion processor performs processes such as match-on-device and OTP generation in secure, dedicated hardware. Anti-spoofing technology counters attempts to fool the fingerprint reader.
Easy to integrate – AuthenTec's SDKs offer flexible APIs to enable a broad range of applications. that work across AuthenTec smart sensors and TouchChip sensors for ease of integration.
- Fingerprint sensor: TCS4C (swipe)
- Package size(mm): 84 x 33.8 x 14.3
- Scanned area(mm): 9.4 x 25
- Array size (pixels): 192 wide
- Weight (g): 68
- Acquisition speed: up to 39 cm/sec
- Image resolution: Up to 508 DPI
- Grayscale depth: 8-bit (256 levels)
- Interface: USB 2.0 Full Speed
- USB data encryption: Proprietary, private-channel encryption,
- On-board data storage: Up to 15 templates and/or optional private data
- ESD Protection: IEC 61000-4-2 Level 3: 8kV air, 6kV contact
- Ingress protection: No
- Operating temp.: 0°C to +40°C
- Protective coating: > 10 million swipes
- Humidity: 5% to 93% RH @30°C
- Certification: CE/UL/ VCCI/ FCC/USB2.0/WHQL
- Power: Imaging: ~ 100 mA @ 5V
- Power: Standby: ~ 1350 uA @ 5V
- OS supported: Windows XP/Vista/7/CE, Linux, Mac OS