Futronic FS50 FIPS/PIV USB2.0
Futronic FS50 FIPS/PIV USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner
FS50 is a professional Fingerprint Scanner from Futronic with 1.6 x 1.5 inch (40.64 x 38.10 mm) scanning area. Its advanced optical system can capture a high quality image in 0.1 second. It can also handle bad fingers such as dry, wet, blurred and scarred without any problem. Its scanning window is crown glass prism with a thickness of 33mm. There is also special anti-scratching coating on the scanning surface of the prism. This makes FS50 even more robust and ensures long term heavy duty usage in any harsh environment.
FS50 can capture single finger, dual finger and roll finger image. It was certified by FBI to be compliant with PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for Single Finger Reader. So FS50 meets the US Federal Information Processing Standard 201(FIPS 201) for Personal Identification Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors. It is also listed in the US General Services Administration (GSA) FIPS 201 Evaluation Program Approved Product List.
- Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows 7/8, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS(version 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7, Intel CPU)
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 1.6 x 1.5 inch (40.64 x 38.10 mm)
- Image resolution is 800 x 750 pixel, 500 DPI
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Fingerprint image file size is 600K byte
- USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device
- Unique serial number programmed to USB Device Descriptor
- With 8K Byte memory for application-specific data storage
- With a detachable 2M standard USB cable
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- Size, 110 x 110 x 45 mm
- Weight, 460g with USB cable, 380g without USB cable