Futronic FS80H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner
Futronic's FS80H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to deliver high quality fingerprint image. It can capture an almost un-distorted raw fingerprint image into PC in 100ms and is good for any fingerprint recognition application.
The finger scanning window is a crown glass with a thickness of 14mm. It is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to scanning fingerprint's characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image.
Special electronic circuit is built into FS80H to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). With appropriate software in PC, user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger's fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic's standard software.
- Windows 2000/XP
- Vista 32bit and 64 bit
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or after (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 16×24mm
- Image resolution is 480×320 pixel, 500 DPI
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
- With Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
- USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device
- WHQL approved for Vista 32bit and 64bit
- With a 2M standard USB cable
- Small size, 45 × 63 × 26 mm
- Light weight, 120 gram
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
o active <500mW(during scanning)
o standby <200mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
o sleep mode <5mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact – 8KV and air discharge – 16KV, no permanent damage