Futronic FS90 USB2.0 Mini Fingerprint Scanner uses specially designed optical system to deliver high quality image in a very small form factor. It is 57(L) x 29(W) x 27(H)mm and just slightly larger than one half of Futronic FS80 USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner but can capture a fingerprint image with quality as good as FS80. It can scan an almost un-distorted raw fingerprint image into PC in 100ms and is good for any fingerprint recognition application.
Futronic FS90 is perfect device for mobile application. It is small and with a 0.3 meter USB cable which is more convenient to be carried around by notebook PC users and used together with PDA or mobile phone.
The finger scanning window is a crown glass with a thickness of 13mm. It is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to scanning fingerprint's characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image.
Futronic provides USB drivers and API for FS90 to capture a raw fingerprint image on the following platforms:
- Windows XP/2003, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista/2008, 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Linux with kernel 2.4 or higher (for both x86 and ARM9)
- Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 (for both x86 and ARM9)
- MAC OS
- Fingerprint scanning window size is 15x22mm
- Image resolution is 440x300 pixel, 500 DPI
- Raw fingerprint image file size is 129K byte
- USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device
- With a special 0.3M USB cable
- Small size, 57(L) x 29(W) x 27(H)mm
- Light weight, 80 gram
- Operation temperature: -10 to +55 Degree Celsius
- Light source: Infrared LED
- Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
- Power consumption:
- active <625mW(during scanning)
- standby <275mW(when scanner is connected PC but no scanning)
- sleep mode <4mW(activated by standard USB bus event only)
- ESD contact - 8KV and air discharge - 16KV, no permanent damage